课程目录: 社区服务 & 社会正义 Department
- Grade Level - Independent study, supervised and supported by CCSJ staff;
- Length - Minimum 100 服务 Hours and Core Project reflections;
- Type of Course - Required for Graduation, Completed by Registration Day, Start of Senior Year.
The 社区服务 and 社会正义 Project is integral to our Catholic and Ignatian mission, challenging students to serve as Jesus did. The “Graduate at Graduation” invites students to take their education beyond the school building and into our larger community. Through community service, engagement, and reflection, students are challenged to grow intellectually, physically, socially, and religiously. This project requires a commitment to direct service of the most marginalized in our society.
The Community 服务 and Social Justice Project requires each student to complete at least 100 total hours of service to the community. 学生们 are encouraged to participate in a variety of service activities. At least 40 of these hours must be in the Core Project with the remainder as 支持时间. Assistance and support is given to students by the staff of the Office of 社区服务 and 社会正义.
学生们 who do not complete the project prior to the start of Senior Year, will be ineligible for participation in any co-curricular activities until the project requirements are fulfilled.
支持时间: Most volunteer experiences may be credited to a student’s 支持时间 as long they are completed with and through a nonprofit, nonpartisan agency and the appropriate documentation is provided in a timely manner. 服务 activities that are 总是 considered Support (not Core) include:
- Activities at a student’s elementary school, such as coaching or tutoring;
- Activities organized through SI clubs, sports or tutoring (on campus or off);
- Coaching activities with Recreation and Park programs, YMCA/YWCA programs, Girl or Boy Scouts, etc.
Core 服务 Project: The Core Service Project is at the heart of our Catholic, Ignatian mission. 学生们 plan, prepare, and engage in a Core 服务 Project with the goal that this experience will challenge them to:
- Utilize their planning skills, creating and implementing a project that builds upon their passions and special gifts;
- Go beyond their immediate community to provide personal, hands-on service to others in a way that addresses a social justice issue;
- Make a commitment to one issue and one agency for the duration of the project. Core Projects can be any length as determined by the student and the needs of agency, though not less than 40 hours of service with the same agency;
- Provide direct, interpersonal service to those who are most “marginalized or disadvantaged” within our communities” (e.g. immigrants, elderly, frail/ill, homeless, mentally or physically challenged, children in foster care, etc.);
- Reflect critically and spiritually through an Ignatian process of written and group assignments.
This dedication through a Core Project invites our students to build personal relationships with agency clients and staff through significant and enduring service. For more information, please review //www.bossjes.com/about-us/offices/community-service-social-justice/grad-requirements