- 服务 Verification
- Core 服务
- Basic Steps for Core 服务 Credit
- 服务 in the Classroom
- 服务 Report Cards
- Senior 服务 Summary
Any service activity (with a nonprofit organization) can be credited to a student’s service record as long as the student 提交s official verification to the CS Office in a timely manner. If students have a question about whether the service they are doing can be credited to their record, please ask the CS Office as soon as possible.
Core Service requires that a student participate in service for at least 40 hours with the same agency AND complete a reflection component during this service activity. This service must be hands-on, direct service that addresses a social injustice. In order to participate in Core Service, students must first gain approval from the CSP and assigned a reflection component. Core 服务 is the only time students are required to get prior approval for service---and it is through this approval process that the student will receive his/her journal.
- Research what you want to do for core service—see the CS office, go siprep.org to view agency list, attend Volunteer Fair
- Contact nonprofit agency—make sure they work with people in need, make sure they need volunteers, make sure they can engage you in at least 40 hours of service
- Apply to volunteer—fill out any materials to sign up as a volunteer
- Attend orientation or interview, if needed-make sure agency is a good fit for you
- Get Accepted as a volunteer!
- Fill out SI Core Application Form (located outside CS office and online)-make sure you have a schedule set up, get the signatures, fill out the questions
- Submit the Core Application Form to CS office and get approved
- Do 服务 and Reflection
- Stay on track of Hours—提交 your hours form regularly
- Turn in your Core Project by your due date—So you can get CREDIT!
- For more details on how to Plan a Core Project, click here!
Freshman Year: Students are introduced to the SI 服务 Requirement in a large group presentation and during an X Period where they are broken down by their Religion and PE Classes.
Sophomore Year: Students participate in the St Anthony’s Service Plunge, a day-long service project with the St Anthony’s Foundation in the Tenderloin neighborhood of San Francisco, For more information see St Anthony’s 服务 Plunge.
Junior Year: Throughout the year, students are introduced to concepts of social justice through their Religion Class. Students are asked to do GOYB (Get Off Your Butt) Projects which focus on one-time service education or action-oriented events. It is during this year that eligible students can apply for SI’s Immersion Program or 服务 Trip Program which takes place during the summer before senior year.
Senior Year: Students are reunited with their journal and participate in a two-day lesson focusing on the Ignatian spirit of service and ways to incorporate the practice of service after graduation day.
Community Service is printed on a student’s transcript and a total of service hours is recorded. Updates on service happens on the transcript during each grade period. 服务 Hours can also be accessed on Powerschool. Students are encouraged to connect with the CS Office if they have any questions about their service record or the information displayed on their transcript.
As a service to students, the CS Office can provide official documentation of service activity over the four years. This Service Summary lists all volunteer efforts provided by the student and includes any honors received by the student with regard to their service participation. 服务 Summaries can be requested at the CS Office and will be provided within one week of request.