In general, an 8th grade applicant should have the following qualifications:
- Should perform well above grade level on standardized tests taken in the seventh and eighth grade at his or her present school.
- Should be progressing in academic subjects commensurate with ability.
- Should receive a favorable recommendation from the principal, teacher, or counselor of the school the student now attends. (Note: This recommendation will be solicited by the 招生办公室.)
- Should perform well enough on the entrance examination to indicate that he or she is capable of achievement in a rigorous college preparatory course of study.
- The student and parents should be committed to the student's active participation in the religious and extracurricular activities of the community he or she seeks to join. This includes a genuine interest in after school activities, liturgies, retreats, and community service.
Policy Note: ST。伊格内修斯 College Preparatory does not accept students directly from outside the United States. It is our policy that all applicants must spend a minimum of one year studying at a school within the United States before applying to SI.